Thursday was my bi-weekly GNO (Girl’s Night Out). My girlfriend “A” and I headed over to The Beehive at 541 Tremont Street in the South End. It was a first for both of us, and we were not disappointed. In tradition with my March Madness blogging challenge, here is my list of 10 reasons why you must go to The Beehive!
- They have valet parking.
- They have live entertainment… the jazz group we saw was very good.
- They are actually kid-friendly. When we arrived, there was a family dining with their toddler… so they even have high-chairs.
- They serve brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The service is fast and the servers are attentive.
- The cocktails and wine are actually affordable.
- They serve lots of comfort food and every thing we tried was surprisingly fantastic!
- You would never guess you are in Boston. The decor is reminiscent of a funky, underground, jazz/cabaret club — from the early days of SoHo.
- The space is huge and hosts a very busy dining room and a happening and chatty bar scene.
- Both the Seared Atlantic Salmon with coriander creme fraiche & rice pilaf ($21) and the Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with mushrooms & barley stuffed tomato ($22) are to DIE for!
If that’s not reason enough, this is one of the new “It” places in Boston.
So… don’t be square daddy-o… throw on some jazzy digs, get your groove on and wig out with this cool hipster crowd. It’s sure to be a smokin’ time!